Full Stack Developer
Basepair develops SaaS to manage, analyze and interpret next generation sequencing (NGS) data. Scientists and physicians at Harvard Medical School, NYU, UCSD, etc. use Basepair to make breakthrough medical discoveries in cancer, AIDS, etc, and provide better medical care to patients. Founded by a scientist from Harvard Medical School, Basepair is driven by the mission to use technology to improve healthcare. Our team is analytical, fast-paced and informal.
As a Full Stack Developer, you'll build the web apps that scientists will use to analyze and visualize their data. Working with the science team, you will develop interactive visualization to help users make sense of their data. We prototype ideas quickly, ship, get feedback and repeat. Understand user behavior with analytics, anticipate pain points and reduce friction. We're looking for someone who's done it before and wants to be a part of building the foundation of a rapidly growing genomics analysis software.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: modularization, automated testing and making the call on technical trade-offs
- Develop web-based interactive analytics and visualization for genomics data
- Work closely with the scientific team to understand the requirements and architect the solution
- Use analytics to understand user behavior, proactively improve features
What you will need for this position
- 3+ years of experience of full stack development
- Experience with Python, Django, REST API
- Proficiency in d3.js and other interactive frontend visualization technologies
- Proficiency in Linux, setting up servers, installing packages, bash scripting, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage your time productively
Additional desired qualifications
- Prior start up experience is a huge plus
- A great sense of design and aesthetics
- Experience in cloud computing (AWS), docker, etc
- Familiarity with genomics data
This is an opportunity to work on challenging engineering problems at an early stage startup with a demonstrated market need. We’re a small team, working closely together to make people’s lives better! Your voice will be heard and you will have the autonomy to set your vision. We strongly encourage ongoing learning to be the best in your position. We provide a competitive salary, meaningful equity, excellent healthcare and other benefits.